top of page

If you are a trucking company delivering to the vessels, bus company, ship chandler or company servicing vessels see below  for information on how to obtain a port pass. 

Get your Port Pass at the BC Trucking Association

Truck drivers or anyone driving a motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of 5,000 kg or more must obtain their Port Pass from the British Columbia Trucking Association (BCTA). BCTA is also responsible for issuing Port Passes to all courier companies, bus companies and all suppliers to motor carriers (e.g., mobile vehicle repair services or towing companies).


Get your Port Pass at the Chamber of Shipping

If you are not a member of the Chamber of Shipping, you will require sponsorship from a Chamber of Shipping member company, facility operator, or the Port of Vancouver, which must be confirmed by the sponsor via email to

Sponsorship Options:

  1. Management of business transactions on-board vessels require sponsorship from a shipping line or cruise line agency

  2. If you do not need access to vessels but provide services to terminal operators, sponsorship from a designed terminal security officer is required

  3. The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority will sponsor its tenant companies that require access to port property

  4. Cruise Ship Contractors/Suppliers require sponsorship from the Cruise Line’s local Vancouver agent, Cerescorp, or the cruise line directly

bottom of page